It Starts with You!
You Can Protect a Vulnerable Immigrant Family
The Catholic Charities Pro Bono Project volunteer platform is designed to broaden and deepen statewide legal capacity for low-income immigrants who face a dearth of access to legal services.
Our Pro Bono Project is designed to give you the tools that you need to competently and effectively assist the most vulnerable immigrants. If you choose to accept one of our pro bono matters, you can expect your representation to be supported by expert legal training and in-depth mentorship.
Our process is simple. You can search and review available cases that need legal services. If you are interested, simply choose to express your interest.
To get started on your journey as a Catholic Charities Pro Bono Volunteer Advocate (PBVA), please complete our PBVA Application Form.
Sign up to join our Pro Bono community.
You'll be able to apply for pro bono projects and access our resource library.
New & Featured Cases
- D was abandoned by his father who was arrested for drug trafficking and incarcerated. Help D apply for a special visa that will allow him to remain in the U.S. and pursue a career in bilingual education. , Aug 3
- J was abandoned by his father when he was ten. Help J apply for a special visa that will allow him to remain in the U.S. with his mother. , Aug 3
- L was persecuted in Honduras for work as a land activist. Help L and her sons seek refuge and stability in the U.S. , Aug 3
- R was abandoned by his father when he was four and has reunited with his aunt and cousins. Help R apply for a special visa that will allow him to remain in the U.S. and pursue a career in business administraion. , Aug 3
- M and P were raised without their father for most of their lives. Imprisoned for other crimes, he continues to threaten to kill the boys. Help these siblings apply for a special visa that will allow them to stay safely in the U.S. with their mother and siblings. , Jan 8
- View more
- En la Ciudad de Nueva York Cerca de 20,000 Inmigrantes Indocumentados Reciben Ayuda Económica
- Local Lawmakers Ask Cuomo to Extend Protection to Immigrant Renters in NYC
- Pandemic Exacerbates Fear, Challenges for Undocumented Immigrants
- Pandemic Adds Increasing Burdens on Immigrants Without Legal Status
- Statement from Catholic Charities of New York on World Day of Migrants and Refugees